WE’RE NOT A CHARITY, WE’RE WAY MORE
Breakfast Club of Canada is more than a non-profit organization serving breakfasts. We’re a club of dream defenders. We believe that 1.15 million children going to school hungry represents 1.15 million children whose right to dream has been taken away. The Club exists to deny their impossible and ﬁght for a future where every child is invested with the right to dream.
Breakfast Club of Canada brings together hundreds of thousands of children and volunteers, who connect every morning over breakfast. Thanks to its 20 years of experience, the Club has developed a robust network of national brand partners as well as a roster of inﬂuencers including Carey Price and Jeffrey Sachs. Recognizing that the days of thinking traditionally are over, the Club is determined to dream big and emerge on the world stage as a disruptive and bold cause brand.
PERHAPS YOU’RE A DREAM DEFENDER TOO
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a determined and structured Accounting Clerk, who believes that no one should have to surrender their dreams to their circumstances. Reporting to the Director of Finance and administration, the Accounting Clerk will support the finance team as well as the Western Canada team in terms of data entry and organizing documents for business development.
Number of hours per week:
to be discussed
Job start date:
Number of positions to fill:
More specifically, the Accounting Clerk will:
• Maintain regular communication with Western Canada advisors or any other person working in business development and signing agreements with partners;
• Capture all information related to business development opportunities in database system;
• Enter all relevant information related to potential partnerships in the database system;
• Create all promises of donations or partnerships in the system;
• Create new files for clients and for new partners as well as maintain existing ones;
• Issue agreement and partnership documents from the system for business development advisors;
• Ensure that agreements are in line with the Canada Revenue Agency’s norms;
• Create commitments in order to facilitate budget forecasts, follow-up of payments and ensure proper coding when amounts are received;
• Assist with the invoice creation following events;
• Follow-up with pending donations and link with advisors to ensure proper follow-ups;
• Provide different reports on request to the Ontario and Western Canada business development team;
• Assist various participants involved in the new process for dedicated funding;
• Assist any other member of the finance team with various tasks and responsibilities.
Languages asked for
Professional diploma in accounting, administration or any other related field of study.
• Relevant experience in lieu of studies will be considered;
• Work experience in similar functions;
• Attention to details and ability to establish different links between various files and follow-ups to do;
• Excellent knowledge of the following software and tools : Outlook, Word, Excel, Acomba, Prodon;
• Experience with a customer relations management system would be considered a major asset;
• Excellent English and French language skills, written as well as spoken;
• Ability to communicate and interact efficiently with all the levels in the organization;
• Ability to manage priorities and work on different projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines;
• Autonomy, structured and rigorous approach, resourcefulness and integrity;
• Proven problem solving abilities;
• Position is located at the Head Office in Boucherville;
• Must satisfy a security background verification.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com before March 14th, 2017:
2. Cover letter explaining what “Deny The Impossible” means to you.