The Network Administrator and HelpDesk Support manages virtualized and physical infrastructures LAN, WAN, storage, and associated resources and services. The incumbent is also required to work closely with the user community and ensure that all networked systems and processes are closely monitored and operational.
Number of hours per week:
Job start date:
Number of positions to fill:
• Participate in the design and architecture of infrastructure projects. Ensure that the design conforms to high availability and security standards of the production infrastructure.
• Daily monitoring, support, maintenance, tuning and health checks of the corporate systems, networks, storage and infrastructure (both physical and virtual) in a busy and rapidly growing environment.
• Create and administer users accounts in AD, Exchange, JDE, etc…
• Installation and support of workstations: software and hardware configuration
• Lead and support infrastructure projects and initiatives as assigned. Manage performance and capacity and provide proper planning for future growth.
• Take corrective actions for alarms and events or escalate as appropriate.
• Respond to service requests, incidents and problems; take ownership, perform root cause analysis and implement preventative measures.
• Deploy and manage application patches, upgrades and releases in production and staging environments; create and update software installation and update manuals.
• Monitor daily backup jobs to ensure successful completion, address failures or escalate if unable to address.
• Conduct audits and maintain network and infrastructure security standards and principles.
• Develop, maintain and communicate standards and documentation for use, operations, backup and security of infrastructure.
• Occasionally work extended hours and take correction action off hours, when required
Languages asked for
Minimum experience required:
• Degree from an established academic institution relevant to Network Administration
• Fluently bilingual (English, French)
• Minimum of 5 years working experienced in a relevant position
• Strong experience in system and network administration, monitoring and performance measurement tools
• Strong experience in design, implementation, troubleshooting, high availability, performance tuning of physical and virtual infrastructure
• Strong experience in backup/restore operations with focus on network storage appliances
• Strong experience supporting IT operations, incident, change and problem management processes and controls
• Ability to take direction and work independently with high level of initiate without constant supervision, in an entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of the following:
o MS Windows Server
o Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP
o VMware (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter)
o MS Exchange
o MS Windows
o MS Office
o Switches, routers, firewalls
o Back up tools
o Oracle JDE or similar ERP Application experience
o MS SQL Server
o MCSE, CCNA, MCP, VCP, and CCA certifications
o BI Publisher, Cognos, Hubble or other Report Writing Tools experience