Grow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
The Tax practice in Calgary office is looking for Tax Specialist to join the Enterprise Tax group.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
KPMG Enterprise professionals are dedicated solely to helping business owners and entrepreneurs of privately-held businesses to grow and build thriving enterprises. We serve as trusted business advisers and the right business adviser can make a big difference by contributing valuable perspectives, ideas and options to help business owners capitalize on opportunities.
As part of the engagement team, the Specialist will excel in servicing the planning and compliance needs of our clients. This position provides you with an opportunity to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring analysis, assessment, and quantification. Special projects and research will ensure that you are kept up-to-date on current tax practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues.
- Preparation of draft technical memo's to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letter to be reviewed by senior staff members.
- Preparing corporate and personal tax returns.
- Preparing tax provisions for our larger audit and non-audit clients.
- Interacting with clients and other team members.
- Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Preparing, reviewing and advising on corporate, personal and trust tax returns.
- At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Has successfully passed the CFE, and is in process of obtaining a CPA designation.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Tax with a Public Accounting firm.
- Currently enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Program.
- Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a manner that is respectful, patient, and understanding.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to recognize existing tax problems and planning opportunities for individual clients and independent business would be an asset
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.