Cargill is hiring for full time Meat Cutter-Retail/Wholesale to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes south of Calgary in High River Alberta. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
472 Ave & Highway 2A North
High River Alberta, T1V 1P4
40.00 Hours / Week
There are two shifts:
1st shift starts at 7:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm with one coffee break and one lunch break
2nd shift starts at 4:pm to approximately 1:00 am with one coffee break and one lunch break
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is paid at time and a half.
Career Level: Experienced
Meat processing and packing plant
Wage Range is $19.55 up to $23.50 as per the collective bargaining agreement
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (1+ years of experience) is $21.25
Starting rate for entry level (zero to less than 1 year of experience) is $19.55
as per the collective bargaining agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
• Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
of meats using knives;
• Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications;
• Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety
requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
• Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
• Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
• Training for junior employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
• Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
• High School education
• 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Commitment to safety and quality processes
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
• Able to work in fast paced environment
• Must pass a Company Medical Examination
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check
• Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada