6331 Butchers and Meat Cutters
Cargill - High River, AB
Salary : $19.10 to $23.05 / Hour for 40 Hours / Week
Vacancies : 50 Vacancies
Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of employment : Permanent, Full time
Benefits: As per collective agreement, Bonus, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Pension plan benefits, RRSP benefits, Vision care benefits, Other benefits
Work Conditions/Physical Capabilities :Work under pressure, tight deadlines, fast paced environment, repetitive job, standing for extended periods
attention to details, physically demanding, handling heavy loads, hand eye coordination.
Work Setting : Meat processing and beef slaughter plant establishment
Butchers, meat cutters, prepare standard cuts of meat for sale.
• Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, according to customers' orders
• Grind meats using powered grinders
• Ensure food safety conditions are adequate
• May supervise other butchers.
• Completion of secondary school may be required.
• Completion of a college or other meat-cutting training program, or a three-year meat cutting apprenticeship may be required.
• On-the-job training is provided for butchers, meat cutters.
Education : No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience : 1 to less than 7 months
How to apply
Visit : www.cargill.ca/careers
By phone: (403) 652 – 8404 – Recruiting Office
Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada