Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to embrace a broad range of tasks associated with developing application and systems solutions to address business challenges. Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of our business alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology professionals.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Design and develop web interfaces for new and existing applications
- Responsible for developing technical aspects from inception through to development
- Leverage best practices in development, architectural principles, continuous integration and delivery
- Assist in technical discussions to drive robust modernized solutions for existing and future projects
- Write clean code that is maintainable, extensible, and aligns to best practices
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted
- Explore new capabilities to drive technology innovations
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to transform requirements into technical requirements
- Work closely with other designers, architectures, and engineers to ship extraordinary products and experiences
- Provide input on user interface development and best practices based on business use cases and standards
- Developing optimized, highly efficient applications
- Comply with agile methodology, system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC)
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Ensure applications are accessible to the highest standard
- Ensure design has traceability to business requirements
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Some frontend development experience with modern web frameworks such as React or Angular in Typescript with an emphasis on user experience
- Proven experience with HTML, CSS and preprocessors such as SCSS
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools
- Understanding of a test-driven development approach
- Knowledgeable with data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Passion about building modern frontend applications with a desire to deliver an accessible user experience
- Good understanding of related design patterns
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented and complex environment/systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Effective time and task management skills, including the ability to manage concurrent deliverables
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to take independent action to achieve results
- A positive can-do attitude with openness to promoting knowledge sharing
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to self-learn new tools quickly to innovate work and success
Nice To Have
- Experience with designing UI web applications
- Experience with Azure Cloud Service
- Experience developing in Java
- Experience with building backend systems such as NodeJS or Spring to support frontend web development
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.