Location: Edmonton International Airport
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are now hiring for 2 Part time General Kitchen Helper to work in our flight kitchen located at the Edmonton International Airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A cook is responsible for preparing and cooking various food items according to recipes, and for observing and enforcing strict requirements with regard to food safety. The job includes sautéing, poaching, baking, grilling, and sauce preparation, as well as working with broilers, fryers, grills, ovens and stove-top cooking.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Good communications skills
- At least 1 years experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- work overtime when required, will be frequent during busy season and holiday rotation
- arrive to work on-time and be punctual, cross training required in different departments
- pass a criminal background check
- handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- follow written food specifications and menu guidelines
- handle knives and kitchen tools properly
- complete all paperwork assigned, accurately and consistently
- communicate effectively with Supervisors and co-workers
- follow directions and specs provided by customer
- work as a team member and respect each other.
- work in a safe manner and follow all safety policies posted
- need to have great attention to detail and computer skills
- push and pull trolleys and other equipment as required
- able to lift 35 lbs. as required
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet Canada ("GGCA") collects, uses and discloses to authorized parties personal information required for the purposes of hiring and administering the employment relationship if a job candidate is hired, including determining benefit eligibility. GGCA may disclose this type of information to third parties for these purposes or as otherwise required by law. Personal information includes information about you that you provided during the application process (e.g. through your application form, resume, etc.), during your employment interviews, or otherwise collected or obtained by GGCA during the hiring process or your employment. You authorize GGCA's sharing of this information among GGCA's affiliates, service providers and benefits providers for the purposes stated above, which may be in a foreign country including those located in the United States and Europe. You understand that once transferred, such information will become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is located and may be accessed by courts, law enforcement, regulators and national security authorities in the foreign jurisdiction. Information about GGCA's policies and practices regarding the use of service providers outside of Canada may be requested from the Human Resources Director at [email protected] By clicking "Apply" below, you acknowledge that you have reviewed this notice and consent to the above.