We currently have a Casual opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the 7 East unit at our Holland Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Nights; 12 hrs, Occasional 8 hrs; As per schedule
Weekends: Days, Nights; 12 hrs, Occasional 8 hrs; As per schedule
Statutory Holidays Required.
Summary of Duties
- To provide patient care within the scope of practice of your profession which support the philosophy of the Nursing Department and meets hospital and College of Nurses standards
- Collaborates effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Active participation in process improvement and educational activities
- N. Nursing Diploma, B.Sc.N. preferred
- 2-3 years recent medical-surgical experience, recent Orthopaedics and acute complex medical care preferred
- Current BCLS required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in person-centred care approach and principles
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, Best Practices, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem-solving; decision-making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Excellent patient assessment skills; strong ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Proven ability to function independently and in collaboration with the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated excellence in: pain management, individualized care plan development, patient/family education and discharge planning
- Commitment to professional development; workshops, in-services, continuing education
- Specialty Orthopedic/CAN certification and Gentle Persuasive Approaches certificate an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting SB202139 to:
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)