BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world's most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 175 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions - from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
Are you interested in working with an elite team that is at the core of everything we do? The core safety team has several positions available on the Team for talented individuals with a mind for details and creative thinking. You will work at the heart of the most reliable and secure operating system in the world. You can contribute directly to an OS that controls systems in everything from automobiles to internet, from medical devices to space systems, from manufacturing to nuclear power plants, and of course, in the world's most advanced smartphones.
Responsibilities include features and improvements to kernel, OS services and key libraries to facilitate certification under industry safety standards. Although an asset, previous kernel development experience is not a requirement. The ideal candidate is an individual with an understanding of how processes work below the covers, has a range of knowledge with multiple operating systems, can solve complex problems, and has the ability to bring new ideas and innovation to the table.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on all levels of the core operating system
- Maintain and continually improve the high standards for system reliability, security, and performance
- Provide technical leadership for QNX kernel and core OS research and development.
- Create and document software specifications and designs that address the needs of our customers.
- Conduct reviews with technical peers to ensure that design guidelines are achieved.
- Write code and complete programming according to specifications.
- Create and execute automated unit tests.
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex software inadequacies.
- Provide project estimates for requirement, design, implementation, and test efforts.
- Strong C programming skills, especially on resource-constrained devices and platforms
- Knowledge of POSIX based operating system architectures
- Understanding of how user level processes work across each layer of the operating system, including process and thread life cycles, memory management, system calls, and inter-process communication
- Understanding of operating system concepts, including scheduling, concurrency and resource management
- Understanding of multi-cpu, multithreaded architectures and real-time systems
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- System-level QNX and BB10 experience - developing resource managers, build/development tools, etc.
- Experience writing software to standards such as ISO26262 or IEC61508.
- Experience with hypervisors
- Experience with performance, memory, and post-mortem analysis
- Experience with SVN and gnu toolset
- Experience in the development of automated testing
- Experience in low-level Assembly and register-level programming with one of more of the following processors; ARM x86, PowerPC
- Expertise in embedded and real-time systems development
- Filesystem expertise
- Compiler expertise
- Technical knowledge of software analysis and design techniques
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40