Parkland Lifestyle Residences has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Cooks who want to be part of a state-of-the-art community with opportunities for training, development, and growth with an expanding organization.
Parkland on Eglinton West offers a new era of luxury living with a full continuum of service, three care floors, distinctive accommodations, extraordinary amenities, and a commitment to service excellence. Parkland offers competitive compensation and additional earning potential through incentive programs, and extended benefits program, and an extensive employee recognition program. Whether you're full-time or part-time, all of these perks start as soon as you join our team.
Who We Are...
With approximately 4,000 employees, Shannex is a family-owned, Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Ontario, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland?, Shannex?, and Faubourg du MascaretMD.
Who You Are...
The successful Cook candidate is a dedicated team player who holds a high school diploma (or equivalent) and Basic Food Safety Training/the Food Handlers Certification. You have post-secondary culinary training, and Journeyman Cook's papers from an accredited institution would be preferred. You have at least one year's experience in high-volume food preparation and thrive working in a fast-paced environment and as part of a communicative team committed to exceeding residents' expectations and providing nutritious and satisfying meals. Other assets include: having CPR and Emergency First Aid certification, as well as previous experience working with seniors in a seniors' living or long-term care environment. Advanced proficiency in the English language is required, proficiency in other languages considered an asset.
What you will do...
Reporting to the Chef, the Cook will work as part of the Food Services Team to plan, prepare and plate high-quality, nutritious meals for residents and guests of Parkland on Eglinton West. The Cook will follow established guidelines with respect to food preparation, recipes, and health and safety guidelines, while there will also be the opportunity to contribute to menu development and bring creativity to the culinary operation in order to not only meet but to exceed residents' expectations of quality and food service excellence.
Our expectations of you...
- Plan and prepare meals according to menus and recipes; prepare special diets and meals to meet appropriate modifications according to established guidelines;
- Provide input to the Chef into menu development;
- Promote safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal protective equipment, supporting others to work safely, and completing safety education;
- Clean and sanitize cooking station daily; maintain the cleanliness of kitchen equipment such as ovens, kettles, mixers, and others in order to maintain safety and sanitation in the kitchen to meet legislative and organizational standards; responsible for the clear and correct labeling of excess food;
- Check and record food temperatures daily on a rotational basis for mealtimes as per Health Promotion Act;
- Reporting any food shortages, discrepancies, or quality issues to the Chef or supervisor in a timely manner.
- Follows safety, environmental, and infection control practices, as per facility policies;
- Works with a variety of operating systems.
- Committed to adhering to all of Parkland's Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
What we offer...
- Additional earning opportunities through our employee incentive program
- Continuous opportunities for personal and professional development in an ever-growing company
- An opportunity to work with Great People, to be a part of this new, flagship, industry-leading development
- A role where you can contribute to independent luxury living using your exceptional skills
- The ability to make an impactful difference in the quality of life for residents and their families
- Comprehensive compensation package which recognizes your experience and contributions
- Benefits from day 1 and RRSP's after 3 months for Full Time and Part Time employees
- Exceptional training and teamwork-oriented work environment
"Great People Striving for Great Things" is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Parkland Lifestyle Residences is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Parkland Lifestyle Residences. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Parkland Lifestyle Residences strives to be a supportive and inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunity employment. Accommodations will be provided to applicants requesting them in order to ensure participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection, and hiring process. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Human Resources Department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization we encourage you to apply today!