• Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; and other related activities
• Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
• Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Requisition supplies and materials
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
• May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Purchasing and inventory clerks, Production clerks, Shippers and receivers