With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network, we are able to deliver customer orders next day. Over 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America deliver "easy" through the integration of process and technology. We are continuing to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver "Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want it and how they want it." Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our competitors.
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, company RRSP/DPSP, employee stock purchase plan and much, much more.
Please note: Candidate must be able to work out of 6275 Northwest Dr. in Mississauga and 550 Pendant Dr. in Mississauga.
Position Summary: Deliver office supplies on assigned route to Staples customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide outstanding delivery service to customers and accept product returns as required. Mobile POD experience preferred but not required. Delivery vehicle and all necessary equipment provided by Staples. Primary Responsibilities:
- Organize and load product for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Deliver product as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse
- Update manifest with reason codes
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Engage in safe work practices
Physical Demands: Qualifications: Basic:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 32 kilograms by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard).
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a 16 ft. or longer straight or box truck
- 1 - 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Clean driving abstract; no "major moving violations" (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable provincial law)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 32 kilograms., navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions safely
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-877-782-7537.
- Experience with hand truck / dolly type equipment