Directly responsible to accurately receive all saleable and non-saleable merchandise, into the store and coordinates all outgoing shipments. Communicates merchandise arrival to store team to ensure appropriate turnaround time of stock and organizes freight to the sales floor. This position is dedicated to the receiving function 80% of the time, and 20% of the time being spent on the sales floor supporting the replenishment function. This associate will also have keyholder responsibilities for the back door.
- Responsible for scanning and verifying all received product against the packing slip.
- Responsible for coordinating product flow to the sales floor.
- Prioritizes 'Out of Stock' merchandise to ensure management and associates are informed upon arrival.
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for all relevant paperwork (Purchase Orders (PO's), courier forms, transfer documents, etc).
- Using proper scan receiving procedures, responsible to ensure all shipments are received, sent and keyed on the same day including warranty services.
- All out going product is to be properly documented and labeled according to company standards.
- Responsible for printing relevant receiving reports to ensure that all are received or sent with no outstanding PO's or transfers.
- Responsible for the Return to Vendor (RTV) and Ebay process.
- Accountable for the input and integrity of appropriate back end paperwork. Responsible to forward for approval to appropriate manager and/or home office.
- Monitors and investigates variances related to receiving documents including purchase Orders (PO), courier forms and transfers.
- Where applicable, coordinates the recycling programs including toner, ink, batteries and electronics.
- Ensures that electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags are placed onto all newly received product as indicated by company policy where required.
- Alerts management and appropriate home office contacts to any items that are not scanning.
- Responsible for visually checking and alerting management to any received merchandise that is damaged or missing.
- Alerts management and home office to any deliveries in excess of four pallets that were not scheduled by a single vendor.
- Responsible for overseeing the damaged products area and ensuring items in need of shrink-wrapping are attended to in a timely basis.
- Assists in the training and development of associates as needed.
- Properly secures all assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
- Immediately secures all high ticket merchandise upon completion of receiving.
- Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using inspired selling techniques and company programs as required.
- Required to contact customers regarding order arrivals.
- Required to assist fellow associates with the placement of product.
- Participates in in-store down stocking, maintaining the furniture displays and planograms.
- Responds to and directs customers as needed.
- Prepares the daily printing of signage and price changes for all merchandise and vendor displays.
- Ensures understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies and procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Executes and maintains process excellence standards and initiatives in receiving.
- Maintains general cleanliness of receiving area, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, which may include garbage and recycling collection and disposal, according to company standards
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
- Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Receiving 70%
- Sales Support 20%
- General Operations 10%
- Ability to engage drivers and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to make decisions related to all aspects of shipping and receiving that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- One year previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to significant exposure to uncontrollable temperature and noise from delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust.
- A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling, twisting, etc. Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- Conditions exist where you may not be able to choose when to stop for a period of two consecutive hours, due to the continual receipt of deliveries.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
- Forklift Training and certification may be required.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.