KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG and has offices in 33 locations across Canada. The firm's more than 700 partners and 5,600 employees provide crucial services to many of the public and private business, not-for profit, and public-sector organizations in Canada.
In every economic environment, there are opportunities to create, enhance, and preserve value. Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
By their nature, major transactions such as Merger & Acquisition (M&A) deals have more risk and reward than day-to-day business activity. It is important for our clients to understand the risks and rewards as well as possible by taking advice from experienced advisers - people who have done it before and know what to look for.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration.
Our Deal Advisory team includes the following service lines: Transaction Services, Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring & Turnaround, and Infrastructure Advisory.
Our clients are typically private equity funds, pension funds, large public companies, as well as private corporations. Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, valuation, tax, accounting and financial reporting. Our network is global.
Overview of Opportunity
KPMG's Transaction Services practice is continuing to grow and we are currently looking for 2 Senior Managers, in a permanent full time position based out of our Toronto, Ontario office located at 333 Bay Street Suite 4600. These roles will require willingness and ability to travel internationally.
What you will do:
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction cycle. As Senior Manager, Transaction Services, you will:
- Identify key issues, plan and supervise the execution of financial analysis, coordinate other work streams (e.g. work performed by foreign KPMG offices, M&A tax, IT, post-merger integration, HR and pension consultants, etc.)
- Evaluate a business' historical performance, key drivers of growth and profitability, sustainability of earnings/cash flows, working capital cycles, financial projections, key contractual commitments, accounting policies, and management control environment
- Handle complex issues, interpret results, find solutions, report key findings, and make recommendations
- Write detailed professional reports and presentations of key analysis with pertinent findings
- Undertake smaller assignments or assist on larger assignments reporting to a director or a partner
- Establish credibility with clients as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory
- Develop relationships with current and prospective clients
- Participate in KPMG engagement teams with access to senior client executives, attorneys, and private equity investors
- Provide support/assistance for proposals and contribute to growing the practice
- Train and coach junior team members
- Contribute to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
What you bring to the role:
- Must have CA, CPA or internationally recognized professional accounting designation equivalent, with previous mergers and acquisition experience in an advisory, corporate, or private equity environment
- 7 to 10 years of accounting and/or finance experience in a consulting and/or corporate environment
- Direct financial due diligence experience is required.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and effectively coach, develop, and manage junior team members
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong professional report writing and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required
- MBA or CBV holders are encouraged to apply
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; Business fluency in other languages would be considered an asset (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin)
- We offer a total competitive pay package including a Management Incentive Plan that rewards eligible permanent employees of the management team who demonstrate desired behaviours that impact the achievement of business results and Spotlight, an individual award program for all eligible employees that provides quarterly awards to individuals who have made a significant impact to our business strategy. Salary range for this position: $108,000 - 130,000
- We offer comprehensive benefit coverage, savings arrangements and lifestyle programs suited to meet the needs of our employees. In addition, KPMG is committed to developing our employees to their fullest potential and provides ongoing learning opportunities for staff.
Keys to your success:
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Ability to build a network and effective working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Contact information: CA-FM CDN HR SSC [email protected]
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG