*Local candidates only (Metro Vancouver)*.
Provide logistics support at the market level by researching, resolving, and communicating fulfillment and delivery issues on customer orders to the appropriate contacts at call centers. Provide operational focus and functional coordination between the market and call centers.
· Serve as conduit for time sensitive requests coordinating resolution from required supply chain teams
· Coordinate same day second attempt redeliveries
· Assist drivers with customer pre-delivery calls and other on road support requests
· Call drivers daily at specified time to obtain route completion updates and coordinate requests for any over-time with transportation supervisors
· Maintain local delivery related files and archives (POD scanner, vehicle inspection reports, truck files, customer door knockers, etc.).
· Act as point person for end of day data collection from driver teams (including postal updates, delivery time window changes, address updates, toner counts, etc.).
· Create daily over short and damaged report and email to appropriate contacts.
· Create daily end of day driver check in report (exception report) and email to appropriate contacts.
· Complete daily level of service report for in house fleet and all outside carriers, and email to appropriate contacts.
· Track cargo losses and generate claims to carriers.
· Data entry of Driver Daily Summary sheets.
· Other duties that meet the needs of the business as assigned.
· Minimum of one (1) year administrative experience.
· Previous data entry experience desired.
· Intermediate computer experience.
· High school education or related degree preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient keyboarding and data entry skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Strives for excellent customer service.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good understanding of geographic area.
· Professional telephone and email manner.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be a team player.
· The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
· The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Tasks do not expose employee to physically unpleasant or hazardous conditions.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to "make more happen" through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver "Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it." Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.