Looking for an opportunity to learn and grow within Purolator? Here is another exciting opportunity for you to help us deliver on our customers' promises.
While reporting to the Regional Fleet Manager, the Garage Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to the mechanics.
- Coordinate and schedule all repairs in the garage amongst the mechanics and technicians to ensure efficient operations
- Review Preventive Maintenance lists to maintain satisfactory equipment conditions and assure on time servicing is completed
- Monitor and manage reports generated from WEB Fleet Assistance on a daily basis
- Lead and develop the capabilities of the team in order to meet the goals of Purolator Inc. as planned and ensure high productivity of the mechanics
- Support mechanics with diagnosing repairs and supervise, consult and coach mechanics on the repair process through training, job tools, and best practices
- Continuously maintain low level of vehicles out of service and maintain maximum asset availability
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of Business Insight, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, Courage, Customer Focus, Develops talent, Drives engagement, Instills trust, Resourcefulness and Self-development
- Combined experience in Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanical Experience or related -
- Minimum of Licensed 310T - Truck and Coach Technician
- Strong diagnostic, decision making, and problem skills
- Proficiency with software and computers
- Valid driver's license and Drivers Abstract
Location: Purolator Ontario Hub - 62 Vulcan Street, Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 1L2
Working Conditions: Office Environment; On the Road; Outdoors; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Regional Fleet Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week- Monday to Friday 4:00pm to 12:00am
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.