Want to work with an industry leader in transport refrigeration? Discover what it means to work with one of the world's most innovative and diversified companies.
Thermo King Eastern Canada sells, services and reconditions all major brands oftransport equipmentto manage temperature control environments for food and other perishables. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, mechanic to join our winning team.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates that have a knack for solving and repairing technical and hands-on problems. The ideal candidate will eat, sleep, and breathe the mechanical process. We have unlimited opportunities for skilled workers with quality workmanship who would like to take their career to the next level.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Competitive flat rates for installations
- Lucrative tool allowance
- Safety boot allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities would include:
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Detect and diagnose operating problems including but not limited to Engines Transmissions, Brakes, Ignition, Suspension Systems, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Systems etc.
- Maintains transport trailer units and truck APU's condition by reviewing Shop Orders; Repairing Failures, Removing, Replacing, Assembling, and Installing Parts and Components Involving Soldering; Welding and the Use of Refrigeration Equipment; and Listening to Operators Complaints
- Installing various new units on trucks and coaches
- Wear PPE at all times, comply with all Health & Safety regulations ,safe work practices, policies, and procedures, and acting in a safe manner at all times
The successful candidate will have ...
- Vocational/Technical school certification required
- 3-5 years practical experience with motor coach, heavy truck and truck-trailer maintenance required
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools)
- A valid class "G" driver's license for the Province of Ontario
- Ozone Depletion Prevention Certification preferred
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize on a daily basis
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism
- Lift heavy materials in excess of 75 lbs (i.e., trailer suspension parts, tires, drums etc.)
At Thermo King we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. We provide a supportive working atmosphere with training and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thermo King Eastern Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.