Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Retail Sourcing, the Senior Sourcing Advisor, Strategic Retail Sourcing, plays a key role in overseeing revenue generation initiatives on behalf of McKesson Canada retail banners by optimizing the financial support from the Vendor community. The role will also support the banner growth and expansion of McKesson Canada's Private Label and its financial performance through the negotiation of the cost of acquisition. As a seasoned negotiator with both excellent planning and problem-solving skills, the Senior Sourcing Advisor is accountable for establishing and maintaining vendor relationships, leading negotiation activities at their designated Banner responsibility. The role also will focus on developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Banner Category teams while ensuring effective collaboration and execution.Specific Responsibilities
Retail Revenue Generation (40%)
Private Label expansion and COGS negotiations (25%)
- Collaborate with and support the banner on reducing COGS and to optimize the vendor support through negotiation in order to drive retail vendor performance.
- Vendor management oversight to include: collaborating, and negotiating extensively with retail vendor community in support of the McKesson banners and to support the execution of vendor strategy that drive sales and profitability
- Ensures that the role continuously communicates and collaborates with the Banners and the retail vendor community to ensure execution of such agreements, ensuring services are delivered and funds collected in a timely manner.
- The Senior Advisor continuously seeks ways to support the other Senior Advisors in seeking and implementing innovative methods for maintaining, renewing and creating revenue generating agreements and lower PL COGS by focusing on financial performance and supplier relationship management.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders; McK Banners, McK IT , Procurement Operations, Finance, Listing Governance, Legal, Promotions, & Customer Service.
- Review private label categories at banner level to determine opportunity to consolidate purchasing or expand to other banners. Solicit insight from banner category management on opportunities they foresee in the marketplace. Analyze competitive landscape to identify category leaders, key specifications and competitive advantages McK may have.
Retail Vendor Relationship Management (20%)
- Leads strategic discussions and activities with retail vendors, including initial contact/meetings, strategic reviews, exchange of market information and best practices, to drive value-based relationships.
- Assesses retail vendor performance against established KPIs and prioritizes vendor development efforts accordingly.
- Leads conflict resolution, mediation, risk management and settlement negotiations with multiple stakeholders impacting agreements, contracts and revenues.
Operational Leadership (10%)
- Works closely with Procurement Operations, and DC Operations to support private label product availability and customer service level, introducing new methods of securing/launching new Private Label offerings.
- Collaborates closely with the retail Category teams and Six Sigma teams to develop and implement new initiatives that drive revenue generation and increase productivity, namely through improved processes and systems.
Retail Contract Management (5%)
- Oversees the retail contract management over its lifecycle and is a subject matter expert for retail vendors on strategic matters across portfolio of products and market dynamics.
- Provides Sourcing Advisors with guidelines on the content and planning of business reviews; leads or participates in specific reviews or other meetings as required.
- Negotiates, drafts, finalizes and obtains signoff of the retail vendor contracts.
- Liaises with and coordinates with multiple internal stakeholders to assess, validate, and get internal approval and alignment on negotiation terms or potential services.
- Prepares strategic presentations, and identifies champions for new projects or programs.
- Sets and carries out objectives, and fosters a culture of performance, continuous improvement and collaboration with Management, peers, and subordinates.
- Maintains relevant business knowledge of product categories and stays abreast of market and industry trends and conditions.
- Acts as a McKesson ambassador of corporate values.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in strategic negotiations, vendor relationship management, strategic sourcing, manufacturer planning and category management.
- Retail Category management experience is an asset.
- Own Brand development experience is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
- MSc, CPIM or SCMP designations are assets.
Personal Development and Soft Skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Outstanding negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Excellent partnering skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
- Bilingual, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of MS Office products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Project and Visio).
- Knowledge of procurement process and project management.
- Understanding of inventory management.
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Solid experience working with senior management.
- Ability to work as part of multi-functional teams.
- Strong sense of summary and ability to synthesize, whilst being detail-oriented.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify operational and strategic issues and proactively drive solutions.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!