Working inside a large (33,000 square foot) general machine shop. Responsible for rebuilding hydraulic cylinder components (core business), rebuilding attachments for construction/forestry machinery and rebuilding sawmill and planer mill components.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine shop equipment including manual lathes, milling machines, cylindrical and surface grinders.
- The manufacture of new hydraulic cylinder components, barrels, rod, heads and pistons and also the rebuilding of worn cylinder components as well as general machining
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly and performs basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment
- Understands and adheres to all organizational health and safety policies and procedures and ensures the safety of self and other
- Education: Machinist Interprovincial Red Seal and Trades Qualification
- Work Experience: 2-3 years
- Knowledge: Hydraulic fundamentals an asset, machining of canterline and edger components would be an asset welding experience.
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation's leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries - to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional "perks." Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the "Big 3" auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.