Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating RoomsWork Site: Operating Rooms - Lions Gate HospitalStatus: Regular Full Time - Vacation ReliefStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: 23:00-07:15/07:15-15:30/07:15-18:00 & on call with rotating days off. Reference#: 118440-esa
Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for registered nurses and code of ethics. Practices within a patient and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Provides nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in operating room nursing, or two years' recent, related experience in an acute care operating room environment.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and patient physiological responses related to anesthesia.
- Demonstrated ability to practice nursing in an operating room environment of an acute care teaching hospital.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying aseptic technique.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as an integral member of an operating room team.
- Demonstrated ability to continually assess patient condition during surgery and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally.
- Demonstrated ability deal effectively with, patients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care personnel.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the assembly and operation of operating room equipment.
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of operating room computerized patient care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.