Unit Clerk/Receptionist, MHSU Wellness Centre (MHSUWC) Posting Number 1235631
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, come join our team.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are looking for casual Unit Clerk/Receptionists to provide support within our Mental Health and Substance Use Services team. We need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service.
Bring your resourcefulness and effective problem solving skills to a role where you can really make a difference. In this dynamic role you will provide support to the Manager, Clinical Operations.
Your specific duties will include:
- Provides a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of the MHSU Wellness Centre (MHSUWC) and Mental Health Outpatient Services;
- Perform duties such as reception, wayfinding, scheduling and booking patient/client appointments and referrals, scheduling and tracking psychiatrist hours for payment, maintaining client data and charts, maintaining statistical records and reports;
- Process mail, faxes, reports/records and internal and courier documents, maintaining records and filing systems, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software, arranges meetings and appointments as directed by the Manager, receives work direction from PURC RN/RPN as assigned;
- Transcribes physician orders;
- As the first point of contact with clients and their families, ensures a safe and welcoming environment for all individuals through a positive, customer-service and client-focused approach;
- Works collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team-based model of care, and ensures clients and their family members are supported in navigating the health care system.
Please read the full job description to see how this opportunity matches your skills.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program.
- One year of recent related experience in a mental health & substance use program setting, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard 40 wpm.
You will take a thorough, hands-on approach to deliver high quality and precise work. A focused approach is needed to complete routine day to day tasks and handle changing calendars, priorities, and timelines. You will carry a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We believe in your work with our dedicated team, come join in our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients. Our purpose - To improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people we serve.
- To be passionate in pursuit of quality and safe health care.
- To inspire individual and collective contribution.
- To be focused on outcomes, open to evidence, new ideas and innovation.
- To embrace new partners as team members and collaborators.
- To be accountable.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2020 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Curious to learn what it's like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.