Founded in Quebec more than 50years ago, Englobe is the one of Canada's largest soils, materials andenvironment organizations.
Englobe is distinguished by thecredibility it has built up over the years and its people-centred values. Its1,800 employees provide recognized expertise to a long roster of clients acrossCanada and abroad. The Englobe name is a guarantee of quality.
Englobe is currently looking fora Senior Pavement Engineer to join the Pavement/Geotechnical Department at itsToronto office. The position entails helping grow and support our pavementmanagement, engineering and data collection projects with governments, privatesector clients, as well as groups within Englobe. Tasks would includepreparation and review of pavement engineering reports for airports, highways,roads and parking lots, promotion to develop new markets, proposal preparationto secure new work, project management activities including data collection andanalysis, report writing and managing projects financially. You will alsoplay a key role on the engineering team developing leadership and professionaldevelopment of the team members. More specifically, you will:
- Develop, plan, organize, andcarry out pavement evaluations and investigations, and geotechnicalinvestigations for municipal roadway/infrastructure projects;
- Provide technical supervision offield inspection and testing staff at construction sites and in the office;
- Experience preparing,reviewing/approving pavement design and pavement evaluation reports andpractical knowledge of pavement management, engineering and conditionassessments including analysis of FWD, smoothness and friction data;
- Perform senior review of detailedengineering analysis, design and reporting for assigned projects;
- Participate in internal andexternal project meetings; prepare proposals, make presentations andparticipate in business development initiatives
- University Degree in Civil orGeotechnical Engineering;
- Member of the ProfessionalEngineers Ontario (PEO)
- As the successful candidate, youare highly motivated
- Minimum 10 years of work relatedexperience, including pavement engineering, geotechnical engineering, pavementmanagement and construction and condition assessment of pavements (IRI,Distress, FWD, etc.);
- Extensive knowledge of pavementconstruction methods, materials and specifications;
- Demonstrated competence instructural design of highway, airport and municipal pavements using currentpavement design methods and software (AASHTO 93, KenPAVE, PavementME, Alizé,Chaussée 2, WinJulea, Shell Bizar, MnPAVE, etc);
- Experience in geotechnicalrelated work such as site investigations, design of shallow foundations andon-site review of construction activities (asset) and resolve technical issues;
- Familiarity of engineeringpractices and North American based knowledge and experience in a consultingenvironment; is essential with a proven ability to obtain business fromclients;
- Proven success in managing andexecuting project engineering investigations and research, conductingevaluations and analytical work and adhering to project budgets and objectives;
- An understanding of basicaccounting principles and personnel management is a definite asset;
- Familiarity with flexible andrigid pavements and/or Pavement Management Systems concepts is essential;
- Results oriented, self-motivated,forward-thinking individual possessing strong interpersonal abilities. Strongleadership, time management and team building skills are essential to meet theexpectations of our supportive and proactive organization. We value and rewardthe ability to get the job done;
- Ability to demonstrate that youare well organized, show initiative and are eager to learn;
- Proven ability to establish andmaintain effective working relationships with colleagues and co-workers andprovide technical leadership to staff;
- Ability and willingness to travel(short term) within Canada.