By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Infantry Soldiers are the Army's primary combat fighters and are responsible for closing with and engaging the enemy. They are the core element of the Combat Arms team, which includes artillery soldiers, armoured soldiers and combat engineers. Infantry soldiers can conduct airmobile and amphibious operations anywhere in the world in any environment such as arctic tundra, mountains, jungle or desert, using any combination of arms. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Additional information: http://bit.ly/FAC00010E
- Expertly operate and maintain a wide range of weapons, including rifle, hand-grenades, light, medium and heavy machine-guns, and anti-tank weapons
- Use sophisticated equipment for field communications, navigation and night-vision surveillance
- Inspect and maintain weapon systems, vehicles, survival gear and personal defensive equipment
- Participate in airborne operations
- Operate with support elements such as fighter aircraft, tactical and artillery
- Engage in unarmed combat
- Employ camouflage and concealment, patrol, assault, defence, and escape-and-evasion tactics.
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
You can apply to this post if you meet at least these conditions:
- Between 16 and 57 years old
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED). Having a college degree in the telecommunication field is also an asset.