Night Cleaner, Stewarding
Every memorable dining experience at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise begins with our overnight team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. As a Night Cleaner, you will play an important role in support of your colleagues and the preparation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Work overnight shifts from approximately 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Deep clean all kitchen areas after hours to ensure the highest level of hygiene and sanitation is met
- Ensure all kitchen floors, ovens, stovetops, walls and ceiling tiles are cleaned and sanitized
- Ensure any necessary repairs or areas of concern are communicated and reported
- Ensure proper use of PPE while using chemicals and all chemicals are properly stored and organized
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Desire to learn and succeed in the Hospitality Industry
- Must be in good physical condition
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! http://www.lakelouisejobs.com/
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!