The time to transform the future is here and now, starting at one of the world's largest deposits of lithium spodumene.
From the Whabouchi mine to the Shawinigan processing plant, Nemaska Lithium offers you a unique opportunity to grow professionally and build stronger communities for your generation as well as the ones to come.
Are you ready to drive this 100% Quebec-based project forward? Are you excited to assist this company in building meaningful relationships with the community while achieving high environmental performance goals? Lithium offers you highly competitive wages that match your expertise, along with a full range of benefits to take care of you and your loved ones.
The loading equipment operator (shovel) will operate various equipment used mainly for mining operations. He or she will conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and ensure they are working properly.
? Operate the shovel safely on the mine site;
? Operate heavy equipment while observing mining practices and extract metals, earth, sand, gravel, rocks, excavation material and snow;
? Reach daily production goals;
? Monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that heavy equipment is operating properly, report any issues to the supervisor;
? Work with the heavy equipment mechanic on troubleshooting equipment, while observing work procedures in place;
? Operate other loading equipment, as needed.
- Vocational diploma in Construction Machinery Operations, Heavy Machinery Operations or Forest Roadwork;
- Minimum of one year experience operating shovels;
- Problem-solving skills, ability to adapt in the workplace, and a sense of responsibility;
- Class 5 driver's licence;
- Ability to work on 12-hour rotating shifts of 14/14 FIFO type, day/night alternation;
- Experience working with other mining machinery (bulldozer, grader, production loader, service truck), an asset;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, an asset.
Nemaska Lithium subscribes to the principle of parity and equal opportunities in employment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.