New - Signing bonus!
The CAF is pleased to announce the creation of a signing bonus for those who have completed certain recognized training programs or who have the necessary practical experience. You may be entitled to a recruiting allowance of either $10,000 or $20,000.
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
The ship operations room is a key office as it provides the necessary information for the commander to take enlightened decisions. Sonar operators use acoustic buoys and data transmission systems to gather and evaluate oceanographic or acoustic data. They may be employed during anti-submarine operations.
Additional information: http://bit.ly/FAC00324E
- Operate all active and passive sonars, sonar simulators, communication equipment, bathythermograph equipment, sonobuoys and data transmission systems
- Perform function checks on equipment by using built-in test equipment, integrated test equipment, and basic on-line fault diagnostic procedures
- Assist in the development of command decisions by compiling and analyzing sonar and intelligence data
- Gather, evaluate and identify the significant features of oceanographic data
- Convert analyzed oceanographic and acoustic data into comprehensive reports
- Maintain status boards, charts and watchkeeping records, as well as geographical, operational and tactical plots
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
? To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
? To be a Canadian citizen
? To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).