What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Windows Graphics Driver Technical Lead
Our team of technical leads is responsible for the development and delivery of the Windows graphics driver for the next generation of discrete and integrated GPUs targeting gaming, workstation, and mobile market segments in the PC industry. We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of nine and take ownership of an upcoming GPU software stack, delivering it from the product definition phase, through design, implementation and final production. The role requires the candidate to work alongside the SW engineering organization as well as a broad range of teams/departments from ASIC and board designers to marketing and customer engineering. This is a high profile role with visibility throughout various departments in the company.
If you would like to collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers to tackle sophisticated problems and if you enjoy the reward of seeing your work maturing from an idea to one of the most sophisticated chips in the world, you could be a phenomenal addition to our team.
- While teamed with a program manager, be responsible for the development and delivery of the Windows graphics driver for the next generation of cutting edge GPU.
- Own your project through feature design and implementation, pre-silicon verification, ASIC bring-up, feature enablement, optimization and product launch.
- Release the graphics' driver to external customers for the initial launch.
- Act as the primary SW technical contact for your project
- Work with domain experts to drive the solution to sophisticated software problems that span multiple domains
- Drive cross generation process and architecture improvements
- Experience writing kernel mode drivers (ideally Windows based)
- Very good knowledge/experience in C/C++
- Very large code bases developed across multiple teams
- An understanding of basic GPU features and functionality
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS architecture and understanding of Windows driver architecture (WDDM, virtual memory vs physical memory)
- Hands on experience with Windows kernel drivers debugging (Windbg)
- Understanding of HW architecture and terminologies (power/clock gating, DRAM, SRAM, ROM, DMA, bus, PCI, memory mapped register, interrupt)
- Able to drive projects to meet key objectives and overcome challenges
- Excellent personal organization. Able to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Shown history of communicating your ideas to individuals with a broad range of backgrounds (technical, marketing, management)
Bachelor or Master, major in EE, CS or related area
Requisition Number: 128241
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected].
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.