KPMG's Advisory practice is growing, and we require strong professionals to join our dynamic team in. Our Risk Consulting practice is comprised of business focused advisors and auditors who work to understand our clients' business issues and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. We help our clients to optimize their response and resilience to expected and unexpected changes, events, and requirements, whether internally generated or externally imposed. We do this by strengthening governance, risk management, control, and compliance of organizations, projects, systems, and business and reporting processes, and responding to regulation, fraud, and litigation. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, advisory, assurance, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems.
Our Risk Consulting practice provides clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance. These services include:
- Technology Risk Consulting (TRC)
- Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Forensic (FOR)
We are looking for dynamic professionals to join our growing team as Technology Risk Consulting Senior Managers to provide IT Audit and Advisory services to our clients.
Our IT audit service lines include:
- Systems Assurance Services: Formal assurance on systems, processes, and controls, including Audits of Service Organization Controls (i.e. SOC 1 audits under CSAE 3416, SSAE 16, and/or ISAE 3402), SOC 2 and SOC 3 audits (systems security & reliability assurance), and other standards.
- IT Internal Audit: Audit and evaluation of IT-related subject matters in an internal audit context, drawing on the experience of our range of IT professionals as relevant to the specific subject matter.
- IT in the External Audit: Assist KPMG Audit teams in both audit of technology and in leveraging technology in financial statement audits and integrated audits of financial statements and internal controls. Audit technology-related risks and controls and assist our Audit teams in addressing complex technology topics. Also, perform system implementation assessments both in support of external audits and in an advisory capacity to our clients.
- IT Governance, Risk, and Control (IT GRC)
- Cyber Security and Privacy
- Business Resilience (Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning)
- Business Systems Controls
- IT Project Risk Management and Independent Quality Assurance
Successful candidates will be a senior part of a team that is closely aligned with both our Advisory and Audit practices and will manage the detailed day-to-day planning and execution of IT Audit and Advisory services to exceed our clients' expectations. This will include serving as senior manager on TRC engagements, and also getting involved in leading or supporting engagements in other service lines. Successful candidates will also be active in leading the management, development and growth of the practice in Edmonton.
As a senior part of our Risk Consulting team, successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the development and execution of engagement and project plans.
- Audit and assessment of IT governance, risks and controls in a range of areas, such as:
- IT planning and organization
- IT project risks and controls
- General IT controls (e.g. access, system development, change, and operations controls)
- Business process controls, including application and interface controls
- Data conversion
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Accounting and audit / IT audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CA, CIA, and/or CISA) are strongly preferred.
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, PMP, etc.).
- Minimum of 8 years of combined relevant experience in Audit (internal and/or external audit), Consulting (e.g. system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, cyber security, etc.), and/or relevant roles in industry or the public sector (e.g. risk management or internal control function, IT, cyber security, finance and accounting, project management, system implementation project experience, etc.) is required; more experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead new business relationships.
- Knowledge of the Edmonton and Alberta business community and a wide range of business relationships.
- Experience with the Financial Services sector, Public sector, and with publically listed entities is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally when required.
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks (e.g. strategic/operational, financial, financial reporting, compliance and audit risks) and their IT underpinnings.
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, from Board Chairs and Senior Executive, to technical staff, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Strong business, engagement, and project management skills.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.