Cargill is hiring for full time Meat Cutters-Retail/Wholesale to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes south of Calgary in High River Alberta. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
472 Ave & Highway 2A North
High River Alberta, T1V 1P4
Apply online at: careers.cargill.com/highriver-ab
40.00 Hours / Week
There are two shifts:
1st shift starts at 7:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm with one coffee break and one lunch break
2nd shift starts at 4:pm to approximately 1:00 am with one coffee break and one lunch break
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is paid at time and a half.
Career Level: Experienced Industrial Butcher/Meat Cutter
Meat processing and packing plant
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (1+ years of experience) is $24.00/hour up to $26.75 as per collective bargaining agreement.
New Sign-on Bonus $500 - $1000
Benefits as per the collective bargaining agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision care and Employee Assistance Program, Naturopath, Massage Therapist, Speech Therapist, Osteopath, Acupuncturist and Audiologist. Benefits will all commence after three months of continues employment.
Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
• Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
of meats using knives;
• Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications;
• Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety
requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
• Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
• Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
• Training for junior employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
• Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
• Completion of secondary school
• 3-5 years meat cutter/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Experienced Industrial Butcher/Meat Cutter
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Commitment to safety and quality processes
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
• Able to work in fast paced environment
• Must pass a Company Medical Examination
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check
• Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Apply online: careers.cargill.com