Royal Service - Switchboard Operator
Your knowledge of the hotel and the rapport you build when responding to guest telephone calls will position you as a successful Switchboard Operator. The hub of communications for the hotel, the Royal Service team provides effective and engaging information to hotel guests and our colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Royal Service Supervisor, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Offer professional, consistent, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls by redirecting calls or directly assisting the caller
- Take ownership of the caller's request and ensure follow-up according to the hotel's standards
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of all departments within the hotel, in particular Housekeeping, Maintenance, Guest Services, and Food & Beverage
- Maintain accurate records of guest calls to maintain data integrity
- Serve as a liaison for guests by providing information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel's emergency procedures
- Adhere to all departmental and hotel policies, procedures and standards - including safety and environmental initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, including professional verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team based environment
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!