- Evaluate hardware and software solutions relative to their ability to support specified requirements and, by determining potential and actual bottlenecks, improve system performance by recommending hardware and configuration changes.
- Review new and existing computer software systems and data requirements as well as communication and response needs and determine operating systems and middleware needed to support them.
- Provide analysis, direction and support for emerging technologies.
- Perform impact analysis on technology changes.
- Provide support to applications and/or technical support teams in the proper usage of existing infrastructure.
- Review application design, program design and technical infrastructure design to ensure adherence to GoC standards and recommend implementation and alternative application/system architecture to improve performance.
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements.
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to resolve business problems.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology.
- Provide architectural leadership in the areas of integration between technologies;
- Provide recommendations to all integrations aspects between technologies; and
- Support and implement changes to the design of the existing technologies which allows for integration between systems.