Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Performs various diagnostic tests/techniques to assist physician in detecting disorders of the brain and nervous system. Operates electromyographic equipment to conduct electrophysiological tests such as evoked potential, nerve conduction velocity, muscle strength and repetitive stimulation and performs other neurophysiological tests as required. Records measurements and formulates technical reports for interpretation by medical staff to assist with clinical diagnosis. Guides clinical experience of assigned new staff and students and provides input to supervisor as required.
Education & Experience
- Diploma from an accredited program in electroneurophysiology and one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful writing of the Canadian Board of Registration of Electromyography Technologists of Canada (BRETC), the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) or the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists (AAET) examination.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to keep abreast of current professional standards and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties accurately and maintain quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.