Company: Bariatrix Nutrition Inc.
Industry: Health-food manufacturing
Location: Lachine, Montreal
Bariatrix Nutrition is a company active in the development of high protein products since the mid-70s, with subsidiaries in the US and Europe. Our leadership team is composed of experts in their respective fields, who are dedicated to the development and manufacturing of products related to clinical weight management. Bariatrix Nutrition is dedicated to high nutritional standards while ensuring quality and taste. Our protein-rich, reduced-calorie foods and supplements are highly effective and popular within the weight-loss industry. Our products include, protein bars, pastas and cookies of reduced-calories, as well as powdered drinks, meal replacements, smoothies, pudding mix and the like. Bariatrix Nutrition is a unique company that researches, develops, markets and manufactures its own products, which are catered to our client's specific dietary needs.
Bariatrix Nutrition is looking for dynamic and dedicated professionals to join our team and to enhance your knowledge while working in collaboration with experts in our diverse departments. We offer new opportunities in various fields, such as nutrition, food manufacturing, administration, finance, production, research and development, quality control, preventative maintenance and mechanics that far outweighs the competition.
Are you a highly motivated and hardworking individual with the skills and knowledge of the food industry and wish to gain experience within the health food and manufacturing domain?
Reports to: Quality Control Supervisor
Department: Quality Control
Summary of responsibilities:
Under the responsibility of the Quality Control Supervisor, the janitor's duty is to maintain workplaces in a constant state of cleanliness in order to prevent contamination and food spoilage during production and during storage.
List of responsibilities:
- Ensures that all areas of the building are maintained and remain clean at all times
- Cleans floors with dry mop (warehouse, shipping / receiving, re-packing area, bathrooms, etc.)
- Cleans floors with Zamboni and with wet mop (warehouse, shipping / receiving, re-packaging area)
- Special cleaning on warehouse racks, walls and walkways in the warehouse, warehouse shelving, furniture, forklifts, ceiling structures, etc.
- Cleans cafeteria (countertops, coffee machine, fridges, cabinets, stairs, etc.), after breaks and at the end of morning or evening shift.
- Maintains and cleans the employees' entrance and visitors' entrance (empty ashtrays, spider webs, etc.)
- Monthly maintenance of "Housekeeping" listed on the HACCP sanitation schedule of internal and external premises
- Maintains the inventory of sanitary and cleaning products and places them on their dedicated shelves
- Verifies and fills the cleaning agents (soap, sanitizer, etc.), paper towels, toilet paper, at least twice a day and makes sure that the devices work well
- Empties and washes the garbage bins in the warehouse, the re-packing area and the bathrooms
- Cleans the doors, windows and door knobs
- All related tasks in regards to non-compliance for the quality of housekeeping
- All related tasks to assist the QC department, operations, shipping / receiving and production.
Required qualifications :
- One year of experience in similar position
- Knowledge of standards in the food industry is an asset.
- Courtesy and professionalism
- Sense of priorities
- Prompt execution
- Attention to details, precision and cleanliness
- Respect for safety procedures
- Bilingual (English, French)