The Copy & Print Centre (CPC) Supervisor oversees the operations of the Copy & Print Centre. Accountable for driving sales and margin. Responsible for coaching and providing high quality instruction to the CPC Associates. Manages daily performance of direct reports and ensures ongoing performance development. Takes an active role in development of the Copy & Print business.
Stores must achieve a copy and print sales threshold of $14,500 per week (on average) in Division 6 sales, less Class 600 to be eligible for this position.
- Monitors and directs workflow standards that drive quality orders and extremely satisfied clients.
- Ensures the execution of advanced and standard non-production tasks such as supplies replenishment, equipment maintenance and execution of the Production Log, to ensure strong business continuity.
- Delivers on sales and profit plans.
- Creates Associate schedules and ensures accurate labour spends assigned to department
- Manages escalated customer concerns.
- Ensures team is accurately filtering and understanding the needs of the Business and Consumer clients.
- Sets financial and non-financial objectives for the team.
- Gains key insights around team developmental opportunities and construct individual coaching plans that motivate performance, close capabilities gaps, and produce strong levels of accountability.
- Executes Performance Development Reviews (PDR's) in a timely manner.
- Models and promotes expert relationship and consultative selling.
- Supports advanced selling and production requirements for small business customers.
- Seeks out and delivers client leads to be pursued by business.
- Uses a variety of communication tools (one-on-one, department meetings, bulletin boards etc.) to successfully ensure all associates are aware of daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Has a complete understanding of company policies and procedures related to their position and direct reports, as outlined in the training checklists.
- Ensures all associates maintain general cleanliness of CPC workstations, according to company standards.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal bags (parcels, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by another manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- High technology acumen with digital print and finishing equipment, computer hardware and software.
- Strong familiarity with digital and specialty print products and production techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently in the CPC to effectively service the clients.
- Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage clients in a frienuly and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Capacity to communicate with associates and clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Can engage appropriately and develop a team environment.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- 3-4 years progressive experience in retail with previous supervisory and coaching experience.
- 1-2 years in a Graphic Communications/Print environment with a working knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Successful completion of high school or greater.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time. This would occur while working on various orders.
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the high-speed copiers and the continual ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while stocking paper and copy supplies, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax.