Job Title: Supervisor/Dental HygienistWork Site: Dental Program, Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health CentreStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $33.66 - $41.97 per hourHours: 08:30-16:45 with Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays off Reference#: 116137-cye
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the established mission, vision, values, objectives, and policies of Vancouver Coastal Health, the Supervisor/Dental Hygienist, in collaboration with the Supervising Dentist, practices in accordance with the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia (CDHBC), is responsible for the coordination and the delivery of an effective Dental Hygiene Program. Provides off-site clinical education, training and supervision of designated staff by acting as a clinical education resource for members of the multidisciplinary team; scheduling/coordinating work assignments, establishing priorities and facilitating workplace solutions. Ensures the quality of educational outcomes for students adheres to the requirements of the Dental Hygiene Program (UBC and/or VCC). In addition, promotes good oral health and the delivery of dental services and access to treatment for children and vulnerable populations within Vancouver Coastal Health. Maintains own clinical competency by performing dental hygiene duties according to established standards. Ensures policies and procedures are up to date and communicates changes to staff. Participates in research activities, quality improvement initiatives and other special projects as required. Collaborates and consults with colleagues and others, attends and participates in meetings, develops linkages with other facilities, agencies and support groups.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Dental Hygiene from a recognized program.
- Five (5) years experience as a dental hygienist that includes community oral health experience including one (1) years experience in an instructional/teaching capacity with adults or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Diploma/certificate in staff development/leadership.
- Licensure with the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia.
- Valid BC Drivers License and access to a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for dental hygiene procedures.
- Demonstrated technical competence congruent with dental hygiene procedures and services.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train staff and students; and to develop and implement training plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team; with other health care professionals and with students, educators, patients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with co-workers, other health care staff and students, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to organize and establish workload priorities and to coordinate a variety of issues/ initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training and instructional materials and evaluation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise research evidence.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, graphic presentation, database skills and patient care information systems.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.