Peer Support Worker, Substance Use Services Posting Number 1379498
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your experience and knowledge to our community as a temporary part time Peer Support Worker with our Substance Use Services Access team located in Burnaby, British Columbia. If you're someone who is looking for a rewarding challenge, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Share your own knowledge and lived experience of substance use and mental health to assist clients achieve their goals. In addition, you will:
- Establish a dignifying and purposeful relationships with clients
- Provide information to clients regarding empowerment, self-help education, resources, and life skills
- Assist clients with community integration activities, and accompany clients to a range of community services, and appointments
- Supports effective connection between community service providers and our clients, their family members, and significant or concerned others involved in the client's recovery
To join our team you have:
- Two (2) years of personal lived experience in recovery from substance use or co-occurring substance use and mental illness.
- Training in Peer Support with completion of Substance Use Counselling or a Social Services certificate
- One (1) year of recent work/peer support experience in substance use, mental health, homelessness or health services navigation
- Valid Class Five (5) BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work! Work hard and have fun while you do it!
Curious to learn what it's like to work here? Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.