Our Canadian Corporate Tax practice works with clients to help minimize federal and provincial corporate income taxes. We also provide assistance in ruling requests, and in dealing with tax audits and assessments from federal and provincial tax authorities. We do not only provide assistance in ensuring our clients are compliant with their income tax filing obligations; but are also pro-active in identifying and implementing income tax saving opportunities that help improve and make our clients' businesses better. Through tailored tax planning advice, our tax teams help clients gain a competitive advantage.
We're looking for someone that has a strong desire to excel in the Tax world to join our team to provide planning and compliance-related tax services.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Tax Specialist you will work with Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners on client engagements where you will have the opportunity to develop and assist with tax planning strategies for our clients. You will also be responsible for maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules. You will have direct client contact in this role! As you progress you will be asked to take on certain Manager level responsibilities.
What you will do
- Develop and execute tax planning activities
- Perform tax research
- Prepare working paper files and income tax returns for personal and corporate clients
- Ensure follow-up on Notice of Assessments
- Communicate with the CRA on various tax matters
What you bring
You have attained your CPA designation and have completed or are most of the way through CPA Canada's In-Depth Tax program. You have worked in a public accounting firm for at least three years where you prepared T2's previously. You have shown that you can establish and maintain strong client relationships and that you can understand the clients' business. You've managed engagements before and are comfortable delegating work to junior employees.
Keys to your success:
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Regular communications to the management team including Managers and Senior Managers.
- Working hard and smart to meet demands at key times of pressure for the final deliverable to the client.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.