Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Bar Builders to work in our flight kitchen located at
This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
A Bar Builder will be expected to;
- Assemble aircraft bar trollies based upon predetermined specifications
- Manually load various confectionary items (including alcohol) for passenger dispersal during inflight service
- Monitor trollies prior to delivery for accuracy and security
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts (days/afternoons/nights), weekends and holidays
- work overtime when required
- arrive to work on-time
- pass a criminal background check
- complete paperwork
- communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- follow directions
- work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- May work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Subject to cold temperatures (ranging from +10 degrees Celsius to at or below 0-degrees Celsius)
- Subject to hot temperatures
- Works with chemicals and industrial cleaning materials
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Thinking- Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging- understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring- influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving- delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through a criminal background check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other ground under applicable law.
Gate Gourmet Canada Inc. is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please inform our Recruitment Team if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.