Job Title: Registered Nurse, Interventional RadiologyWork Site: Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Casual Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: 0700-1500,0800-1600,0900-1700Reference#: 111661-klo
Performs nursing functions associated with interventional radiology, computed tomography and other medical imaging procedures to patients of all ages who may be critically ill and/or attached to life-support equipment, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Assists the physician during the procedure and performs direct nursing care as appropriate to ensure the comfort and safety of patients undergoing procedures. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Prepares for and responds to fluctuating workloads, unexpected critical situations and the requirement to be on-call as required. Consults, confers and collaborates with other health care providers as well as with other members of the Medical Imaging team. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research as assigned.
Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). standards of practice for registered nurses and code of ethics and the vision and values of the organization and Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI)
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years recent, related experience in an interventional radiology or critical care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmacology and patient physiological reactions related to anesthesia and/or procedural sedation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice within interventional imaging setting.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses during medical imaging and interventional procedures, to assess response is appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with patients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies appropriate to an angiographic and/or interventional diagnostic imaging setting.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in use of cardiac monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.