Job Title: Registered Nurse - EmergencyWork Site: Richmond HospitalStatus: Regular Full Time V/RStart Date: As soon as possible Salary: $34.83 - $45.73 per hourHours: 0715-1930 / 1915-0730Reference#: 107519-rle
Looking for the next step in your career as a healthcare professional? As a Registered Nurse in Emergency at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide emergency nursing to clients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment, and to unique client populations such as victims of sexual assault.
- Assess client needs and prioritizes care requirements, often with limited information.
- Stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and respond to disaster situations.
- Enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care team members. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate expertise and leadership in your work.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence by participating on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
All RNs at Vancouver Coastal Health practice within the context of a client and family centered care model that is in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice for Registered Nurses as well as the code of ethics and the vision and values of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years' recent, related emergency nursing experience.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC's standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to emergency care nursing.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.