St Paul's /Mount St Joseph Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Royal Columbia Hospital and Various sites throughout the Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver in BCStatus: Regular Full Time, Regular Part Time, and CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $33.29 - $41.61 per hourHours:
Various rotations availableReference#: 153935-ndh
Come work as a Radiological Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is the Lead Health Authority for Medical Imaging in the Greater Vancouver area. We are currently looking for keen Radiological Technologists to relocate from Ontario to join our teams throughout the Lower Mainland in BC. Apply today to join our team!
New employees of Vancouver Coastal Health may be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation assistance reimbursement for eligible expenses if hired for a regular full-time, difficult to fill position.
As a Radiological Technologist 3 with VCH you will:
- Performs special procedure examinations in CT in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Performs duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system,
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures,
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures,
- and monitoring equipment performance.
This position may be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift and may supervise at least one (1) other Radiological Technologist or a total staff of more than two (2) up to and including four (4) FTE.
Education & Experience
- Certification with the CAMRT.
- Completion of an advanced specialty program in Computed Tomography and one (1) year recent, related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of an Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current General Radiography and CT theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with radiology equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in CT techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.