You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Grow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
The Tax practice in Vancouver office is looking for a Tax Specialist to join the International Corporate Tax group. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our International Tax group's primary focus is to create flexible structures that help reduce corporate and project-level taxation while meeting the business, legal, and financing needs of our clients. The group focuses on a wide range of inbound and outbound taxation issues affecting business operations conducted in Canada, the US, and abroad.
As a member of this team you will work closely with KPMG Management team on a range of corporate tax planning initiatives. This role encompasses a range of advisory and compliance functions. You will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns.
What you will do:
- Working on medium and large sized client engagements.
- Working closely with other members of our team on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Researching and advising on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Working with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
What you bring to the role:
- Successfully passed the CFE, and is in process of obtaining a CPA designation.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Public Accounting firm.
- Interested or enrolled in CPA Canada's In-Depth Tax Program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Strong team player with demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self- motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingness to take on and learn new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Keys to your success:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.