Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Senior Consultant, Strategic Transformation is responsible for providing consultation and support functions to clients requiring project and/or change management services on initiatives internal to Fraser Health and provides team based consultant services for large multi-stakeholder and organization-wide transformation initiatives under the direction of the Leader, Strategic Transformation. Develops, manages and implements assigned project(s) for transformation initiatives on behalf of the client.
- Provides consultation and support functions to clients requiring project and/or change management services on transformation initiatives by utilizing project and/or change management principles during the idea generation, planning, implementation, evaluation and monitoring phases; develops and implements assigned transformation initiatives for specific programs and/or disciplines.
- Provides coordination throughout all phases of the change initiative; develops and implements assigned transformation initiatives within a strategic change context. Ensures that an optimal plan/structure is in place to achieve the desired outcomes and benefits.
- Negotiates and facilitates resolution to impediments to progress and success on behalf of the client arising from project/change management initiatives.
- Identifies and manages key client strategies and works closely with Communications to develop communication strategies.
- Provides progress monitoring and reporting to clients and stakeholders; develops and manages project tracking material and online resources for the initiative; identifies, manages, mitigates risks, and facilitates issues resolution.
- Applies change management principles to develop engagement strategies and action plans to maximize success working collaboratively with other support departments as appropriate.
- Assesses the impact of the transformation (change) initiative from a systems perspective and manages the impacts and interdependencies with other initiatives happening in Fraser Authority.
- Develops appropriate documentation (e.g., statements of work, proposals, charters, work plans, risk management plans, change management plans, etc.); working collaboratively with Health and Business Analytics and other departments on developing effective measurement systems to track progress towards achievement of results/outcomes.
- Partners with other departments in the development, maintenance and promotion of the organization's repeatable and sustainable initiative / project / change management process.
- Participates in evaluation and refinement of tools and methods utilized by the Strategic Transformation Team; champions the various STT methodologies; assists in the development and presentation of initiative, project, and change management coaching, mentoring and instruction strategies and materials.
Master's degree in health administration or a related discipline supplemented with project and management courses.
Five (5) years' recent, related experience supplemented in an environment focused on delivering change/transformation initiatives using project and change management methods in a large complex, multi-stakeholder environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, change and project management principles.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in health care.
- Ability to operate a PC and effectively utilize a variety of software applications to support the initiative management activities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.