Revera is a leading provider of seniors' accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- To work as a member of the inter-professional team as described by Revera's Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care;
- To complete and ensure resident's clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To assist with scheduling of resident's care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with the Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident's move in, move out and transfers;
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident's care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team's resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident's condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- To coordinate emergency response in the absence of Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director and other departments;
- To follow and assist the Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Experience working in a senior's environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.