Integrated Protection Services Clerk Posting Number 1205040
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Do you embody qualities of empathy, understanding and acceptance? If you've answered yes then we want you to keep reading.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are looking for an Integrated Protection Services Clerk to work on a casual basis.
Bring your resourcefulness and effective problem solving skills to this role, you will provide reporting directly to the Coordinator, LMC Parking Operations
Your specific job duties will include:
- Provides clerical support to the assigned IPS portfolio by distributing and recording parking passes, photo ID and payment for parking passes from physicians, residents and other specified groups.
- Processes parking and/or photo ID applications and coordinates employee deductions with Payroll.
- Receives payments for parking and/or photo ID from staff, residents, physicians and other specified groups; enters information into a journal, balances and summarizes information in the journal and accounts by matching and checking payments received by each person.
- Reconciles accounts by matching account information such as payments received, refunds and/or invoices issued; identifies and traces account differences and prepares adjustment information.
- Follows up on delinquent accounts by contacting internal department and/or external agencies; responds to written correspondence and telephone contact with staff and others on payment issues; advances unresolved issues to the Manager or designate for follow up.
- Contacts appropriate internal departments and outside agencies by telephone and/or written correspondence for the purpose of forwarding information they require to resolve routine parking violations or record discrepancies; refers any problems to designated IPS staff, as required.
- Types technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, memos, agendas, minutes, statements, billings and spreadsheets using applicable software applications.
- Maintains office equipment and office supplies according to predetermined levels by preparing purchase orders for signature, completing requisitions for office equipment repairs and forwarding approved requisitions to appropriate personnel.
- Provides reception services such as answering/directing incoming calls, taking messages, answering routine inquiries and providing general information.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail by opening and date stamping material and preparing outgoing mail for pickup; arranges meetings/special functions, as directed by booking meeting rooms, contacting appropriate personnel, typing and circulating notices and/or agendas from draft; records and distributes meeting minutes.
- Maintains and compiles statistics such as vehicle break-ins and violation notices by receiving information, entering data and producing documents for review.
You will take a thorough, hands-on approach to deliver high quality and precise work. A focused approach is needed to complete routine day to day tasks and handle changing calendars, priorities, and timelines. You will carry a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
Are you motivated to join the team? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- Completion of Grade 12 and recognized accounting course
- Two (2) years of recent, related experience
- Ability to type 45 WPM
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
Work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our dedication to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.