We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Ignace location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Certified Electrician. This job is permanent, full-time.
Certified Electricians, Ignace Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Electrician for our Ignace wood products operation in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
The Electrician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, will work throughout the facility and carry out all aspects in the site's electrical maintenance program including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, work instructions, record keeping and other compliance duties as required.
- Participate in safety & environmetal programs and ensure the application of our safety & environmental standards for all maintenance operations
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment
- You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Shift work will be required
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary institution in an electricity-related program, or have acquired qualifications of the trade by progressively advancing through an apprenticeship program in order to become certified.
- Must have at least two (2) years' experience in the role of an industrial electrician,
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities,
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and participate in off-hour support.
Your assets and skills:
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Health, Safety & Environmentally conscious;
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
- Exceptional electrical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation, relocation and benefit packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Ignace Sawmill is located at the township of Ignace, ON. The community of Ignace is located 250km Northwest of Thunder Bay, ON and 106km east of Dryden, ON (for more information about the region, please visit http://town.ignace.on.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.