About the company:
Independent Fisheries Ltd. is the member of Nova Scotia Seafood Alliance, which aims to process live lobsters of top quality for exports to Asia, Europe and the United States.
• 1 Vacancy
• Job type: Permanent, Full time
• 35 hours / week
• Salary: $ 22 / hour
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Work location: 1271 Little Harbour Road, Sable River, Nova Scotia B0T 1V0
• Benefit: Vacation of 10 Business days per year or 4% of annual gross salary
• Oversee the daily operation in production and warehouse area, supervise warehouse workers to remove the lobsters from the run location to the graded section, and ensure all the products to be graded according to the size;
• Monitor the daily sales and inventory level to be tracked and recorded on paper form and then inputted electronically, so as to reduce the available inventory based on the size of lobsters;
• Monitor the process of the tubing of lobsters, including supervising workers to put the lobsters in cages in their own individual compartments, to keep them in cooler water to makes the lobsters go dormant, to make sure that all the process should be recorded in a separate tab;
• Keep the production and warehouse teams to be in compliance with rules and regulations based on Safe Food for Canada Act, and to follow the instruction of Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
• Supervise the carriers and warehouse teams to ensure outgoing and incoming shipments are received in a timely manner and corresponding information is communicated to all required parties; And all the record should be done and kept on time and regularly;
• Work with the finance teams to prepare and complete all month end billing as required for all clients;
• Arrange training for staff.
• Language: English
• Education: College;
• Work Experience: 5 years work experience related to inventory control
• Ability to Supervise: 3 to 4 people
• Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Attention to detail
• Personal Suitability: Team player, Flexibility, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills
• Please submit your resume with your cover letter to [email protected]