PTAG is seeking an experienced an Engineering Manager. Reporting to Director of Operations, the Engineering Manager will play a key leadership role in the development of a new open pit gold mine. During the project execution phase, the incumbent will lead the ramp-up of the mining activities encompassing operations, maintenance, mine engineering and geology.
Location: Geraldton, ON
Type of Employment: Contract
- Responsible for the operational development activities to ramp-up the open pit mine to approximately 200,000 ex-pit tonnes per day.
- Develop a strategic plan in conjunction with other senior management that is aligned with the long-term organizational goals.
- Establish an effective plan to ensure personnel requirements are sourced successfully in a timely manner with appropriate onboarding and training.
- Provide input into and champion the Operation Readiness Plan and collaborate with the project team and other stakeholders ensure a successful mine ramp-up.
- Develop and communicate long term operational objectives and establish metrics to track and manage performance.
- Lead, mentor, and support the mine operations team.
- Develop and execute business plans.
- Be current with mining laws and safety regulations. Ensure compliance with statutory requirements including employment standards, health and safety, environment, and company policies.
- Promote and maintain a safe workplace targeting zero harm and good environmental practices.
- Excellent leadership skills, capable of building a strong team and developing excellent working relationships based on trust, respect, integrity, open communication, and teamwork.
- Ability to manage by influence and develop strong collaborative relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of open pit mining processes and related industry practices.
- Ability to lead high performance teams through leading by example.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Possess 15+ years of mine operation and design experience including 3-5 years at management level.
- Prior experience with open pit start-ups is an asset.
- Experience in developing community and Indigenous relationships.
- Registered Professional Engineer/Geologist of Ontario, or eligible to obtain.
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative, and team-oriented Program Management Firm. We are driven to help our clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements of their Capital and Sustainable Programs.
PTAG is a Registered Provider of the Construction Industry Institute which underscores our commitment to help the Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Heavy Infrastructure sectors achieve increased project certainty, productivity, and desired outcomes. We are seeking likeminded professionals who want to join us on our journey to build lasting, and value-driven relationships with our clients.