JOB POSTING #828631
Position: Manager, Program Services
Site: Lyndhurst Centre, Toronto Rehab Institute
Department: Brain & Spinal Cord Rehab Program, 1B
Reports to: Senior Clinical Director
Salary: $46.75 - $58.44 per hour ($91,162 - $113,958 annualized)
Hours: 37.5 per week Days
Status: Permanent Full Time
"Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning"
One of North America's leading rehabilitation sciences centers, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute innovative teams transforms lives by helping people overcome the challenges of disabling injury, illness or age related health conditions to live active, healthier, more independent lives. It integrates innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to build healthier communities and advance the role of rehabilitation in the health system. Toronto Rehab, along with Toronto Western, Toronto General, Princess Margaret Hospitals and the Michener Institute is a member of the University Health Network and affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Toronto Rehab is currently looking for a strong leader to fill the role of Program Services Manager, Spinal Cord Rehab Program.
- Provide administrative and clinical leadership to a multidisciplinary team
- Create an environment of continuous learning; engaging staff, patient and families in continuous improvement
- Facilitate the delivery of safe high quality, patient-centered care to patients
- Foster an environment that is collaborative, inter professional and accountable, partnering with patients and caregivers
- Coordinate and be accountable for the day-to-day utilization of resources to achieve the service's goals
- Facilitate seamless transitions between inpatient, outpatient and the community, spanning the entire health care continuum
- Oversee and develop innovative services, e.g. new models of care, continuous process and quality improvement
- Fiscal planning and accountability
- Foster an environment that facilitates education and research
- Provide leadership for operating initiatives, program goals and objectives to meet strategic directions in partnership with the Clinical and Medical Director of the program
- A Baccalaureate degree in a regulated health profession (e.g., nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy) required
- Master's Degree in related field required or in progress
- A minimum of three years' experience as a clinical manager is preferred
- Experience in Spinal Cord or Neuro population is preferred
- Experience managing an multi-disciplinary health care team in a multi-site academic health care setting is an asset
- Experience with inpatient, outpatient, and community based programs and services is an asset
- Proven change management skills combined with the ability to work with and through others
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Working knowledge of labour/management practices
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated composure under stressful situations
- Proven ability to promote an academic practice environment within the clinical setting
- Experience effecting change-adapting/implementing and facilitating change within others within both a unionized and non-unionized environment
POSTED DATE: January 16, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.