The Unix Middleware Administrator's primary role is to support middleware application environments
such IBM WebSphere Portal/WAS/ MQ/Cognos. In addition, the duties include Unix systems administra-tion. The suitable candidate will be responsible for securing, managing and maintaining middleware appli-cations in a UNIX environment. The successful applicant will assist in deployment, patching and troubleshooting of middleware application environments and systems. This position requires thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, enterprise backup and recovery expertise as well as experience
in disaster recovery methods.
- Installation and configuration of application environments on Solaris/Linux systems
- Day to day application/server administration, operation and maintenance
- Monitoring of systems logs
- Recommend, schedule and deploy patches and fixes
- Establish and maintain systems documentation
- Effectively utilize system management and monitoring tools to support infrastructure
- Perform required preventative and corrective maintenance; troubleshoot problems, proactively monitor systems performance. Liaise with third party vendors when necessary.
- College Diploma or University Degree in a relevant area of study or Computer Institute certification and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10years' experience within enterprise IT environment
- Minimum 5 years working experience with enterprise class applications: IBM WebSphere Por tal/WAS/ MQ/Cognos
- Strong middleware application troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- 5+ years of hands-on Solaris and RedHat experience supporting mission critical application environ ments.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Familiaritywith system management tools
- Broad familiarity of technologies: Unix, LAN/WAN, networking, database, system managemen