We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Entry Level Mill Operator, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Entry Level Mill Operator, Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Entry Level Mill Operator for our Atikokan wood products operation located in Northwest Ontario outside the community of Atikokan, Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
As an Entry Level Mill Operator you will be responsible to provide safe operation of your assigned sawmill equipment to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing unscheduled downtime.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Adhere to all Lock-out and Safe Operating Procedures;
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health and Safety of the employees;
- Operate machine centres in all areas of the mill;
- Maintain productivity and quality while working in a safe manner;
- General Cleanup;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Grade 12 High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
- Health & Safety conscious;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change;
- Good Mechanical operational aptitude;
- Able to carry out the physically demanding requirements of the job;
- Must be willing to work shift work, including weekends;
- Previous industrial experience, preferably in a Sawmill would be considered an asset;
- Solid computer skills an asset.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON / International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.